Remove Those Unsightly Stumps Forever
Tree Stumps Are More Than
Just A Nuisance
Stumps don't just get in the way when you're trying to mow the lawn or play a game of catch. They also can resprout, harbor fungal diseases and pests, and rot, leaving a dangerous hole in the ground.
Why Grind Out a Tree Stump?
Tree stumps are more than just an eyesore. They can be a tripping hazard, especially for young children or the elderly, and large roots can damage your lawn mower and other equipment if they aren’t removed. Old, rotting stumps can attract insects and other pests to your yard, and are a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
After the Stump is Gone ...
Tree Planting Service
After grinding out the tree stump and surrounding roots, we can replant with another tree! The service includes:
- preparing the planting site to get the new tree off to a great start,
- helping you choose the most suitable tree for the site, and
- properly planting the new tree for you.
Did You Know?
Free Wood Chips
We offer unlimited FREE wood chips to our customers! We'll even deliver them for free within our normal service area. Deliveries take place when we're doing other work in your area - we're not able to schedule delivery for a specific date or time.
Contact us for stump grinding services
- If we haven't just removed your tree(s), we’ll come to your property to inspect the stump(s) and provide you with an estimate for stump grinding.
- Before any stump grinding work can be done, any underground utilities, wires or structures must be marked. We'll ask you to call 811 and arrange to have utilities marked at least 3 days before the scheduled work.
- Our stump grinder will arrive on a trailer and will be wheeled to the work site. It's large enough to tackle any size stump but small enough to fit through a gate to access almost any yard.
- We carefully prepare the area to ensure that nothing nearby will be damaged by flying wood chips.
- The stump grinder has a spinning carbide-tipped steel wheel that's lowered onto the stump and moved side to side, slowly grinding away the stump to about 6 to 8 inches below the soil surface.
- Once the stump has been removed, we move on to any major roots surrounding it (if desired). By removing these roots, you're able to replant in the same spot. We're happy to work with you to select and plant a replacement tree if you'd like.
- Stump grinding leaves a lot of wood shavings. We can leave them in a pile for you to use, you can choose to have us rake the shavings into the hole where the stump was and level the ground to the same elevation as the adjacent soil, or we can remove the grindings from your property.